The Hare Wine Co.

About

Our winery story begins at the end of the American Revolution when Colonel John Butler’s Rangers disbanded and many of them were granted land in the Niagara Township as a reward for their services. These petitions were the inspiration for our Crown Land Collection as our property was deeded as Lot 171 and granted to Nathanial Hanes by the crown on May 16, 1798 who became one of many settlers who opened up a frontier of fertile farming in Niagara. Now, two centuries later, The Hare Wine Co. celebrates the noble and historical bounty of not only our property, now home to our estate winery vineyard, but also that of the entire region.

 

Map